Hydrocarbon chemistry / George A. Olah, Árpád Molnár, G. K. Surya Prakash (2018)
« This book provides an unparalleled contemporary assessment of hydrocarbon chemistry – presenting basic concepts, current research, and future applications.
• Comprehensive and updated review and discussion of the field of hydrocarbon chemistry
• Includes literature coverage since the publication of the previous edition
• Expands or adds coverage of: carboxylation, sustainable hydrocarbons, extraterrestrial hydrocarbons
• Addresses a topic of special relevance in contemporary science, since hydrocarbons play a role as a possible replacement for coal, petroleum oil, and natural gas as well as their environmentally safe use
• Reviews of prior edition: “…literature coverage is comprehensive and ideal for quickly reviewing specific topics…of most value to industrial chemists…” (Angewandte Chemie) and “…useful for chemical engineers as well as engineers in the chemical and petrochemical industries.” (Petroleum Science and Technology) » More…
« Filling a longstanding gap for graduate courses in the field, Chemical Reaction Engineering: Beyond the Fundamentals covers basic concepts as well as complexities of chemical reaction engineering, including novel techniques for process intensification. The book is divided into three parts: Fundamentals Revisited, Building on Fundamentals, and Beyond the Fundamentals. Part I: Fundamentals Revisited reviews the salient features of an undergraduate course, introducing concepts essential to reactor design, such as mixing, unsteady-state operations, multiple steady states, and complex reactions. » More…